About Field Trials
What makes Field Trials so valuable?
Field Trials are all about taking new ideas into a real world setting and exploring their potential. Prototypes are used to prove new techniques, designs and equipments in conditions that are a lot more realistic than those in a scientific or engineering laboratory.
It is a marked feature of Field Trials that people taking part experience many surprises and enlightening moments. Enthusiastic comments such as the following are commonplace following field trials : -
- “I learned much more than I would have thought possible in such a short time”.
- “I was amazed by how quickly the problems and issues were revealed by the trials”.
- “I thought we’d solved most of the problems but the Trials revealed just how far we have to go”.
- “I suddenly began to understand what the real issues were!”
- “That was incredibly rewarding and well worth the effort”.
- “How soon can we do the next one?”.
“Field Trials are an extremely valuable tool in the development of new technology which, whilst they may at first seem expensive to host, lead to faster and better developments in the world of high technology. They root new sky ideas firmly in the real world, lead to better designs and the development of better engineers and scientists”